Wednesday, April 30, 2014

5 Love Languages Day 3.


Are you just catching up with us for our 5 day series on the 5 love languages? If you haven’t yet, the link below will take you to the 5 love languages quiz so you will know what yours is. It takes maybe 5 minutes to complete.


 

Day 1: Acts of Service
Day 2: Quality Time
Day 3: Words of Affirmation

_______

 We’re on day 3 of our 5 Love Language series. Today’s love language is words of affirmation. If this is your love language (or your spouse’s) you most feel loved by encouragement and emotional support. You feel more loved than ever when your spouse gives you a compliment. They might say something like “You sure are looking good today” or “You did a really good job with that”.

A very important thing to remember when giving words of affirmation is to keep it sincere. You really don’t want to say something and not mean it. That is not encouraging at all. If this is your spouse’s love language and they are having a bad day (because let’s face it, we all have those days) this would be the perfect time to give those words of affirmation and make them feel loved. But that’s not only when you should use those affirming words. It really should become a habit. Giving those affirming words when your spouse has a bad day is great but for it to become a daily thing would all around be better. That way they are getting those uplifting and encouraging words daily instead of every now and then.
You don't always have to use words to show affirmation. You can get creative with it and maybe leave a note somewhere that they will see it or possibly get them a card and not only write "Love, so and so" but actually write a little something.
This is my husband’s love language. I definitely know that without a doubt. I try my best to compliment him daily because I want him to not only know that I love him, but I want him to feel my love.

Is this your spouse’s love language? Here’s your challenge today:
Call your spouse and give them a good ole fashioned compliment and encourage them today.

Is this your love language? Comment below and let me know or let me know some words of affirmation you already use for your spouse.

 

{Reminder: Leaving a comment below automatically enters you in for the drawing for a free surprise! Did I mention it's free?}

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I look forward to reading your blogs each day. This blog touched my heart as this is my love language. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete