Thursday, April 24, 2014

Growing That Flower


I have never been one of those girls that just loved flowers. I never cared to get any sent to me much less actually plant them myself. But here in the last year or so, I have become rather fond of them. Their colors are magnificent and they are all shaped so differently. Do you know the process of growing a flower?
  • First, you definitely should pick out the flower that you want and go buy the seeds. (Can’t have flowers without seeds now can we)
  • Then, you have to pick the spot that you would like to have them planted.  (I’ve been doing some research and you can even go as far as testing the soil. You also want to make sure that the flower will get the right amount of sunlight that it needs as well as room to grow.)
  • Thirdly, you dig a good ole hole and place your seeds in. Fill the hole with the remaining dirt.

Now you are ready. Simple huh? Kinda, but no. Your flower is going to need the water to grow so that it can reach its full beauty. (I have learned that you can’t go too long without watering the flower or they tend to die, oops!) Another thing you will need to do is pull out any weeds that may sprout up around your flower. The weeds will keep the flower from growing and eventually cover up so that it completely takes over the flower and you will never see its delicacy.

Growing a flower is a lot like our walk with Christ.
If we confess with our mouths and believe in our heart that God sent His only son, Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins; yes we are saved. But we also then need to have a relationship with God.

How do you do that you say?
Reading your bible daily, praying, seeking Him and removing the sins from our life. If we go days without reading our bible and praying how can we ever really know God? I know there have been times when life just got so busy I never even stopped to pray once and at the end of the day I would always feel like something is missing. But now that I have been reading and praying daily, my faith has grown, my relationship with God has matured and I have become much more confident in my Christian walk. We still can't leave those pesky weeds in! The weeds are an example of the things that keep us from growing in Christ. Maybe there are some sins that we still haven't completely turned from. We might still be holding onto anything that we may have done in the past.
 
 
 
 
It's time to let go. It's time to dig up those weeds and water our flowers. Will you join me in watering those flowers and keeping the weeds away?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I love reading your blog! You are awesome! And so encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete