Monday, October 20, 2014

Quiet Days


I know it has been quite some time since I have written last (108 days but who’s counting?). A lot has happened during that time. We’ll call them my quiet days. And now I’m breaking the silence. My quiet days are over.  I have wrestled with God about this for a few weeks now and finally gave in. Because let’s face it, who really likes to argue with God and also think they can win? My point exactly.
Over the next few weeks I would like to share with you some of the things that I have learned and experienced; things that I am currently dealing with and things that have strengthen my relationship with Christ. I’m not going to go into many details now but I will give you an overview of what all has happened.

A few months ago Brett and I both felt God talking to us. He specifically was letting us know that we weren’t where we were supposed to be. At the time we weren’t sure where we were supposed to be or any details like that. So we prayed. And prayed. And prayed. Prayer works. Putting the pieces together, Brett realized that he was supposed to be preaching. But where? Oh God knew. After many resumes were sent, he finally got a call from First Baptist Church of Cross Hill. This is where we were supposed to be. After interviews, trial sermons, and the whole voting process, Brett accepted the position as Pastor at First Baptist Church of Cross Hill. Which in turn makes me the first lady, talk about pressure!

Where’s Cross Hill, SC? Ha. I had no clue either. But that’s a story I’ll be sharing with you.
Everything in our life has changed pretty much. It’s kind of bittersweet. The only thing that has really stayed the same is my job. Which where we live now isn’t that far of a drive. It gives me time to clear my head and give me the time to focus on what really matters most when I get home – my family.

The one thing that I want to leave you with today is this:
No matter what changes you are going through, God never changes. His love is always the same. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.


Isaiah 54:10
“For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,”
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”

James 1:17
“Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above,
who created all heaven's lights. Unlike them,
He never changes or casts shifting shadows”
 
 
Have you been going through some changes lately?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment