Thursday, June 5, 2014

Lost Earrings

A couple years ago, my brother in law went to China on a mission trip. Whenever he goes somewhere he always brings us something back. This time he brought me some beautiful dark blue colored pearl earrings. I absolutely love them! They can pretty much go with any outfit.

One day last year I was looking for them and I could not find them for the life of me. I looked up and down, all over the house, in my jewelry box and everywhere in between. I had lost them. Lost. Disappeared. Forever. I apparently didn’t put them back in the jewelry box where they belong and they were gone and I was devastated.

So I had thought.

Last night I decided to change purses for some odd reason. (I usually just keep one forever and buy a new one when I get tired of that one.) So I grabbed the one from the top shelf of my closet and sat on my bed. I looked inside and realized that I had not cleaned it out since I used it last. I’m talking everything but the bathtub was in there. Money, feminine supplies, lotion, tissues, book, makeup, name tag from my previous job. You name it, it was in there.

Oh and did I mention my earrings were in there too?
Yes! They were in there. Do you know how excited I was? To some people it would be like finding $100 bill. But they were my earrings! (Ahhh! I’m still excited and have them on today.)

Think about the last time you lost something and when you finally found it (even if it was a year later). How excited were you? What ran through your mind? What emotions did you feel?
Now think about how God feels when we have strayed away from Him for so long and finally return to Him. I can only imagine it would be like a child returning home to their parent after being away for so long. I am more than positive He would greet you with open arms, a great big smile, and tell you He loves you. If finding our lost items can bring us so much joy and happiness, I can’t even begin to fathom the emotions He feels when we turn to Him.

Have you strayed away? Has it been a while since you’ve talked to God? Today would be the perfect day. Turn to Him. His arms are open and filled with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment