Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Stick Around


I am pretty sure everyone in the entire world has seen something that has to do with the movie Frozen. And I am also pretty sure every child in the world is addicted to it. (Ours is to say the least.)  I found out last week that Queen Elsa was going to be at the Chick Fil A in Simpsonville on June 3rd and of course we just had to take Peyton. I couldn’t let this opportunity pass up because that is her favorite character after all! I honestly didn’t think that many people would be there. So I figured it would be okay if we left as soon as I got off work at 5:30 yesterday and just head up there.

Elsa was supposed to be there from 5-7 and see all of the kids. We arrived at about 6:15 and the line waiting to get in was enormous. There were so many kids and adults there to see her. The line wrapped in a loop several times. I was thinking, my goodness. How long have people been standing in line and how long are we going to be standing in line? There was even some parents trying to talk the kids out of leaving so they wouldn't have to wait in the line. But we did stick around and made it the entire time. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. We only had to wait in line for an hour. I must say, to only be 3, Peyton did extremely well being patient and waiting in line with us. She didn’t complain or whine or anything of that nature. It was a proud parent moment. Once we finally got in and she saw Elsa, her world was made. She was the happiest little girl in probably the entire world.

Afterwards, two things hit me.
1.       How often do we stand in line or wait for something that we want so badly? Pretty often right? How many times do we not complain about standing in a line waiting or waiting for something that we desperately want? A lot.
But yet when it comes to waiting on God, we are so impatient. We expect Him to jump when we say jump and move when we say move. But it doesn’t happen like that. Everything is on His time. It always has been and always will be on His time. There is nothing we can do to make Him hurry or make Him slow down.
2.       What about during worship at church? Our worship can be anywhere from 20-30 minutes. And I hear a lot that the songs are too long or that people get tired of standing. Why is it that we can wait patiently on something we want but yet when it comes to giving back to God we want to rush it or do it halfway?

 

I mean, He is the Creator of the WORLD. Of you, of me. The very least we could do is stand for however long it takes to worship Him. To give back to Him was He so desperately deserves.

Here’s my challenge to you today: when reading scripture, listening to music, being at church, take the time to stop, listen, and give back to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment